17 Amazing Benefits of Guava Leaves for Skin, Hair and Health
Guavas are known to be abundant in vitamins A and C, potassium, healthy fiber and lycopene.
But, not many people are aware that the whole plant offers health benefits. For example, the leaves are excellent for your skin, hair and health in general.
Here are 17 health benefits that guava leaves offer:
- They prevent carbohydrates from turning into sugar, which leads to suppressing appetite.
- Since it can reduce blood sugar level and does not stimulate insulin secretion, guava leaf tea is excellent for diabetics.
- They are able to decrease bad LDL cholesterol without affecting good HDL cholesterol levels.
- The tea also has antimicrobial properties making it effective in treating diarrhea and dysentery.
- Guava leaf tea is also great in cases of upset stomach and food poisoning.
- Treat bronchitis and coughs with guava leaf tea.
- In order to relieve toothache, inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity, chew guava leaves.
- To treat dengue, boil 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half.
- The tea is also effective treating enlarged prostate and cancer.
- The tea is especially recommended for men who deal with fertility problems.
- Apply crushed guava leaves onto minor cuts like abrasion or scrapes to prevent infections. The tea can also treat ear infections. Le the tea cool down to a room temperature and drop few drops.
- In order to relieve itching caused by allergies, apply crushed guava leaves onto affected areas.
- Same goes for insect bites.
- Being high in vitamin C, the leaves are a great weapon against acne and pimples.
- Instead of using regular face scrub for removing blackheads crush a few guava leaves and stir in a tiny amount of water.
- The same method is applied for preventing premature skin aging.
- Guava leaves are excellent when dealing with hair low. Boil some guava leaves and let the cool at room temperature. Gently massage your scalp to stop any further hair loss.